I really love this leather chair for the winter but I wanted to make a slipcover for the summer. I used a cotton linen...the same I used on the Twin Bed Project.
This is how the chair looked originally...sorry about the grainy look.
Cut out the pattern following the lines of the chair and pinned the pieces together leaving a 1/2" seam allowance.
I sewed a pleated ruffle for the seat cushion and the hem. The fabric was too thick to use the ruffle attachment so I made the ruffles by folding the fabric as I fed it through the machine. This took a long time but I like the look.
After all the sewing was done...I fitted the slipcover on the chair...and really liked it but it was missing something...
I applied the stencil from Maison De Stencil to the back and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it...hope you do too!